(+995 350) 27 27 24/ Mob: (+995) 555366636
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org/ Website: www.lingland.ge
Mtskheta, Shiomgvime and Ananuri Tour Short tour (1 days)
during Saint Nino stay in Mtskheta. In 11th century, during
flourishing of Georgian Architecture on the foundation of
the old construction was built grand cathedral decorated by
Georgian traditional ornaments. The fortress wall surrounded
cathedral was built in 17th century. In Georgian language
Swetitshoveli means “life-giving-pillar”, which is connected
with the place inside cathedral, where is buried the Jesus
Jvari Monastery was built in the 6th century on the top of
the mountain surrounded by magnificent scenery of
Caucasian mountains which can be observed far away and
view over Mtskheta. In Georgian language Jvari means Cross.
According to ancient manuscripts Saint Nino brought the
wooden cross to this place and since those times many people
came here and worshipped God. Nowadays monks live and
guard this monastery.
Samtavro Nunnery was built in 13th century near the small
church named after Saint Nino.
During her stay in Mtskheta she lived at that place under the
The Shio-Mgvime Monastery - "the cave of Shio is a
medieval monastic complex in Georgia, near the town of
Mtskheta. It is located in a narrow limestone canyon on the
northern bank of the river Mtkvari.
Ananuri is a Castle on the Aragvi River in Georgia, about 45
miles from Tbilisi. The fortifications enclose, amongst other
buildings, two churches. In the older Church of the Virgin are
buried some of the Eristavis (dukes) of Aragvi.The Church of
the Assumption, built in 1689, has richly decorated facades,
including a carved north entrance. It also contains the remains
of a number of frescoes.