I am happy to take this opportunity to welcome you to Advanced Placement United States History. The 2015-2016 school year will be a very busy one as we prepare for the Advanced Placement exam on May 6, 2016. APUSH is a rigorous college-level course that will require extensive background knowledge in US History.
Ms. K Willett
• Contains a clear, well-developed thesis that addresses all components of the question. Is NOT a repeat of the prompt
• In-depth, effective analysis addressing differing sources and content
• Relevance of outside knowledge to the argument.
• Supports thesis with substantial, relevant information
• Demonstrates a strong command of outside sources to inform the response
• There is a comprehensive explanation and high degree of relevance
• Provides effective analysis of change over time; emphasis placed on the question topic.
• May contain minor errors
• Is well organized and well written
• Proper sentence structure and mechanics is evident
• Proper MLA format for works cited and parenthetical notations is used (if required)
• Meets required length, font, margins and numbering sequence
• Counterargument and development; additional appropriate area of analysis/connects to other historical periods, geographical contexts, or circumstances
If you find you need help over the summer, please contact me via Edmodo or my school email. I am available on a limited basis through the summer holidays. Please note that my time is limited in the middle of August. Your questions and concerns should come to me before August 17, 2015.