By signing below, I agree to the following terms and conditions of membership:
1) The Arboretum at Arizona State University is a volunteer non-profit organization (aka Friends of the Arboretum). I will volunteer to be an active participant of the Arboretum at ASU Adopt a Date Palm volunteer program and to advance the overall success of the Polytechnic Date Palm Germplasm.
2)I AGREE TO WAIVE ALL LIABILITY AND TO HOLD HARMLESS ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, THE ASU ARBORETUM, ANY AND ALL MEMBERS OF THE ASU ARBORETUM-GROW ASU COMMUNITY GARDEN ASSOCIATION, AND ANY AND ALL INDIVIDUALS ASSOCIATED WITH ANY OF THE ABOVE ORGANIZATIONS, FOR ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, DAMAGE, LOSS, OR CLAIM OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER THAT ARISE IN ANY WAY IN CONNECTION WITH MY ASSOCIATION WITH THE ASU ARBORETUM COMMUNITY GARDEN. 3) I agree to read “Date Gardening” and learn all I can about date palms.
4) I agree to help pollinate, thin, and bag the date harvest. Friends of the ASU Arboretum will get 60 percent of the date harvest to pack and sell in ASU Bookstores.
5) I will take care of my date palm from January until the end of December. I will then sign up to continue for the next season or advise the Arboretum that I will not be participating.
6) I will not allow weeds & tree seedlings to proliferate in or around my date palm. If I cannot, I will ask another member of the Date Palm program to help me. If I abandon my assigned date palms, it will be re-assigned.
7) If I use Arboretum garden tools or equipment I will return them to their place in a clean state. I will use tools and equipment in a safe manner. I will not leave them where others can trip or be injured.
8) I will ensure that the irrigation system is working and my palm is getting sufficient water.
9) I will notuse non-organic pesticides, herbicides or any toxic substances in the date garden. I will always be alert for plant damage from garden pests and use organic methods for pest control.
10) The Polytechnic Date Palm Germplasm welcomes children and hopes to educate them about healthy food, desert gardening and care for land and water resources. I agree to supervise my children when I bring them into the date palm garden.
11) I agree to remove all trash from around my date palms and stack any palm wastes in a pile.
Date Palm #_____________