Choose an element to research information and learn more about the element. Use the facts that you learn about the element to creatively produce something that shows your knowledge and expertise about the element.
Date Assigned:Tuesday, December 20, 2016.
Date Due: Tuesday, January 10 at the beginning of class.
You will be assigned an element with atomic number 1-87. You will research the element and will create a project of your choice highlighting the properties of this element:
* A story (biography or autobiography) about the element
*A children’s book about the Element
* The element “facebook page” or “webpage” on a poster
*Collage/picture book with captions or scrapbook of element
*interactive game (involve classmates)
*power point presentation
*If you have other ideas, please check with your teacher for approval.
Your project MUST include all of the following information:
1. Element Name:
3. Atomic model of the element. Draw a picture of an atom of your element. It must include the correct number of protons, neutrons, and electrons. This picture will be the focal point of your poster. You can make an actual model as well (extra credit).
4. Family or Group #:
5. Name Origin (Where/How did it get its name?):
6. Discoverer (person or civilization):
7. Year or time period of discovery: 8. Country of discovery:
9. Location: where is element found in nature?:
10. Color of element:
11. State of Matter at room temperature -solid, liquid, gas:
12. Metal, Metalloid, or Nonmetal:
13. Period #:
15. Atomic #:
16. Atomic Mass:
17. Number of protons, neutrons, and electrons
18. Element Uses:
19. 10 Interesting Facts:
21. Any other physical and chemical properties Project Checklist: 1. ____________You need to provide at least 10 accurate facts about your element.
2. ____________You need to underline or bold the science facts about your element.
3. ____________You need to use your own words to talk about the element. Do NOT copy from source.
4. ____________ You need to have details and you need to explain the information.
5. ____________You need to use correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
6. ____________You need to creatively incorporate the facts into your project idea.
7. ____________Your project needs to have pictures/diagrams/visuals.
8. ____________Your project needs to look neatly put together and organized. It should not look messy.
9. ____________You need to complete your project on time and bring it with you on the due date!
Suggested Websites: (type in the following titles under the safari google search)