International refereed journal of design and architecture print issn



Yüklə 32 Kb.

səhifə130/147
tarix17.11.2018
ölçüsü32 Kb.
1   ...   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   ...   147

MTD
www.mtddergisi.com
ULUSLARARASI HAKEMLİ TASARIM VE MİMARLIK DERGİSİ
Ocak  /  Şubat / Mart  / Nisan  2017 Sayı: 10 Kış - İlkbahar 
INTERNATIONALREFEREEDJOURNAL OF DESIGNANDARCHITECTURE
January / February / March / April 2017 Issue: 10 Winter – Spring
ID:166 K:271
ISSN Print: 2148-8142 Online: 2148-4880
 (ISO 18001-OH-0090-13001706 / ISO 14001-EM-0090-13001706 / ISO 9001-QM-0090-13001706 / ISO 10002-CM-0090-13001706)
(Marka Patent No / Trademark
(2015/04018 – 2015/GE/17595)
288
ULUSLARARASI HAKEMLİ
TASARIM MİMARLIK DERGİSİ
INTERNATIONAL REFEREED
JOURNAL OF DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE
PRINT ISSN: 2148-8142 - ONLINE ISSN: 2148-4880
stone with a humble epitaph that Iskender Pasha was a vizier. Trabzon Governor Iskender Pasha 
was  one  of  the  first  Ottoman  statesmen  to  receive  the  rank  of  vizier  during  governorship. 
Iskender Pasha Mosque is a 16
th
 century work of art typified with a single dome standing on 
four walls.  The epitaph on the mosque shows that it was built in 1529. In the obtained docu-
ments, it is mentioned that the mosque which is referred to as Meydan (Square) Mosque is a 
building made of stone with a lead covered single piece dome and has a smooth minaret made 
of bricks.  Iskender Pasha Medrese (Madrasah) which is located at the North side of Iskender 
Pasha Mosque and  was presumably built in 1529, was one of the oldest madrasahs that could 
survive until recent years in Trabzon. The building which was evacuated at the Republic Period 
remained out of service for some time, and later its rooms were hired out to workers who did 
not have houses.   After 1950, during the renewal of the mosque surroundings, the madrasah 
which was intact was demolished and only its entrance door remained standing. Iskender Pasha 
Mosque which is the most important building named after Iskender Pasha, was built in 1529 by 
Governor Iskender Pasha at the municipal square district during the reign of Kanuni Sultan 
Süleyman according to its epitaph placed on the East of the Municipality building. Iskender 
Pasha, was appointed Governor after Yavuz Sultan Selim became the Sultan in 1512, served as 
the governor of Trabzon for 11 years, had the mosque and madrasah named after him built du-
ring the fourth period as a governor, and was buried in the graveyard next to the mosque he had 
built when he died during his governorship in 1533. Later, Iskender Pasha Medrese (Madrasah) 
which is located in its courtyard was removed, the graveyard at the west side was also removed 
and only Iskender Pasha’s grave was preserved.    The outer courtyard of the mosque is accessed 
at the north through a historical, round arched, cut stone door. The mosque courtyard is surro-
unded by a white stone wall which is approximately 1.5 meters in height. In has an entry thro-
ugh the East side. The floor of the courtyard is covered with cut stone. At the building at the 
courtyard entry on the right corner located next to the municipality building, the lower floor is 
being used as Imam’s room and the upper floor as Muezzin’s room. From the right side of the 
entrance at the East, 16 steps descend to the Şadırvan (Water tank and fountain) under the co-
urtyard.  The three parted last gathering place was probably changed through repairs and cove-
red with a hipped roof. On the right and left of the main outer door which faces the courtyard at 
the north are round arched sections, in the middle of them there are round columns made of cut 
stone starting from one meter height and in the corners there are columns whose halves are 
seen. Other than the main entrance at the north, there are arched doors at the east and west di-
rections. In the middle of the last gathering place, a wooden mahfil (muezzin’s place) has been 


MTD
www.mtddergisi.com
ULUSLARARASI HAKEMLİ TASARIM VE MİMARLIK DERGİSİ
Ocak  /  Şubat / Mart  / Nisan  2017 Sayı: 10 Kış - İlkbahar 
INTERNATIONALREFEREEDJOURNAL OF DESIGNANDARCHITECTURE
January / February / March / April 2017 Issue: 10 Winter – Spring
ID:166 K:271
ISSN Print: 2148-8142 Online: 2148-4880
 (ISO 18001-OH-0090-13001706 / ISO 14001-EM-0090-13001706 / ISO 9001-QM-0090-13001706 / ISO 10002-CM-0090-13001706)
(Marka Patent No / Trademark
(2015/04018 – 2015/GE/17595)
289
ULUSLARARASI HAKEMLİ
TASARIM MİMARLIK DERGİSİ
INTERNATIONAL REFEREED
JOURNAL OF DESIGN AND ARCHITECTURE
PRINT ISSN: 2148-8142 - ONLINE ISSN: 2148-4880
placed and attached to the side walls. The inner courtyard is accessed through the gathering 
place. The inner courtyard is covered with a dome which is supported by the side walls and two 
columns on the south and vault pieces on its east and west. The harem section has a dome sup-
ported by pendants. The mosque is lit with two rows of windows. The lower windows have big 
with round arches and the upper ones have pointed arches and plaster mashes. There is a high 
door made of cut stone right in the middle of the latest gathering place which consists of five 
sections. The muezzin’s mahfil is on the right of the door which provides access to the middle 
part. The mihrab and the pulpit are made of marble and have XIX century baroque ornaments. 
The minaret is adjacent to the interior west wall and the minaret’s balcony is accessed through 
a small door from the interior. The front facade walls which have been restored many times 
afterwards were removed and replaced by thick columns, and arches were built above them to 
support the dome and the plan was enlarged by moving the main facade walls backwards and 
also a “last gathering place” was added. The epitaph on it belongs to the restoration in 1882.  
Result: As a result, among the examined Iskender Pasha buildings, the most important one is 
the Iskender Pasha Mosque. Old engravings and photographs show that Iskender Pasha Mosque 
has reached its present form after undergoing changes many times. While it showed a single 
unit space typology in its original form, it can be understood that the main space was enlarged 
to the North by removing the North wall later and by adding two columns in its place and the 
last gathering place portico which is existent at present was added. The single balcony minaret 
is situated at the West surface, at the corner where the original main outer wall of the mosque 
ends. The madrasah which used to be at the mosque courtyard was demolished and its hazire 
(reserved area) in the West direction was removed. The mosque has moved away from its ori-
ginal form with the restorations done at different times. Iskender Pasha Mosque preserves its 
characteristics of always being in the public eye and being a mosque visited by many people for 
worship considering its location. The city square serves as a locomotive for the city and also as 
the center of transport. For this reason, the mosque responds to the requirements of very inten-
sive use every day. 



Dostları ilə paylaş:
1   ...   126   127   128   129   130   131   132   133   ...   147


Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©genderi.org 2017
rəhbərliyinə müraciət

    Ana səhifə