Follow the steps below to create a Discussion Board Forum.
1. On the Course Menu, click on the Discussion Board tool link to open itaccess the course Discussion Board. Your menu may differ slightly, and the link may say, “Discussions”, or something similar.
Note: If there is not a "Discussions" or "Discussion Board" link currently on your course menu, please see Step 4: Lesson 6b to learn how to create one. Otherwise, you can access the Discussion Board from within the Course Tools area of the Control Panel. An InstructorIf accessing the Discussion Board page from Course Tools in the Course Control Panelhere, you will see a list that displays an overview of all Discussion Boards, including Group Discussion Boards and activity in the Course. The list reports the name of each Discussion Board, including those within Groups if enabled, along with the total number of Forums, posts, and participants for each Discussion Board. The name of the course Discussion Board is the Course ID that, when clicked, takes you to that Discussion Board.
2. Click on the Create Forum button.
3. Enter a Name and provide a forum Description in the text box.
4. Select the Yes radio box next to Available in the Forum Available Availabilty section to enable student access.
5. Optionally, Sselect the Display After and Display Until check boxes and type enterthedesired dates and times to filter availability.
6. Enter Click the check boxescheck marks to the left next toof the Forum Settings that are applicable to the forumForum.
7. Optionally, sSelect the radio button next to Grade Forum and enter the point value for the forumForum. This selection automatically creates a column in the Grade Center where scores you enter will be displayed..
8. Click Submit.
9. The forum new Forum will now appear at the bottom of the Forum list when the Discussion Board tool link is opened.
Note: The forum Forum may be repositioned to any location in the forum list. Students will view the available Forums in the order they appear on the page. The Forum is accessed by clicking on the Forum title.