ALSO, USE THE VOCABULARY “cheat sheet” THAT WAS GIVEN DURING THE BINGO GAMES AS A QUICK REFERENCE TO OUR VOCABULARY. KNOW ALL OF THE WORDS ON THE LISTS!!!
***This study guide may or may not include items from the test. You are responsible for ALL content on notes. If you want to get a good grade, then you NEED TO STUDY.***
Label the diagram of ocean floor features. This will be drawn on the board in class. If you are absent, please refer to the diagram we drew in class with the ocean zones and features labeled on it (there are also definitions written on the back of this)
The area where the underwater edge of a continent meets the ocean floor is called:
Multiple Choice Continued
What produced our ocean floor?
These form an almost continuous mountain belt along the ocean floor:
4. ________________________are the main food for many larger organisms. They account for most of the organisms in the ocean.
5. Flat-topped seamounts are called ______________________.
6. ______________________________ is the name of the deepest spot in the ocean, which is located in the Mariana Trench.
7. People who study the ocean are called _____________________________.
8. ___________________________ are an area in which heated ocean water rises through the cracks of ocean floor.
9. ____________________________ are free-swimming organisms that feed on nekton as well as plankton.
10. _____________________________ allow for data to be obtained quickly and from large regions. Such data includes water temperatures, algae growth patterns, and even the movement of large schools of fish