Go ye into all the world
YE INTO ALL THE WORLD
See o’er the world wide-open doors inviting,
Soldiers of Christ
, arise and enter in! Christians, awake!
your forces all uniting
, Send forth the gospel, break the chains of sin.
“All pow’r is given unto Me, All pow’r is given unto Me, Go ye into all the
world and preach the gospel
, And lo, I am with you alway.”
ACTS 17:16-34 EVANGELIZING THE INTELLECTUALS
Witnesses to the World
(Growing, Glowing, Going )
1 Corinthians 15:3,4
“For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins
according to the scriptures
And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:”
1 Corinthians 15:3,4 (KJV)
1 Corinthians 15:3, 4
For what I received I passed on to you as of first importance: that Christ died for our sins
according to the Scriptures
That he was buried, that he was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,”
1 Corinthians 15:3, 4 (NIV)
for opportunities and ways to find common ground. (16-17, 22-23)
Paul went where people where physically and began where they were intellectually.
1. Turn internal turmoil into positive action. (16)
2. Use a balanced and adaptive approach. (17)
3. Affirm the religious interests of the audience. (22)
a case for the one true God
, using examples the audience could understand. (23)
poor views of God. (24-26)
Paul gently, but firmly, exposed the errant views of the Athenians.
1. God is the Creator (24)
2. God is the Provider (25)
3. God is the Ruler (26)
that part of each person that wants to know God. (27)
Paul knew that there is a God-built part of every person that wants to know God.
1. God desires that every one seek Him.
2. God can be felt or touched.
3. God can be found.
4. God is not far but is accessible and available anytime.
the world and its ways. (18, 21, 28-29)
Paul was a student of the culture. He spoke in a language that the world understands.
1. Know the people we are going to talk to about the Lord. (18, 21)
2. Be up-to-date with the latest fads/trends, especially in philosophy and theology. (28-29)
the proof of Christianity. (31)
Paul spoke of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus Christ.
1. Remember to talk about the resurrection.
2. Tell the lost that Christ’s resurrection is
the focal point of the faith
, proving the central theme of Christianity. (1 Corinthians 15:13-14)
clear every person’s accountability for his or her life. (30-31)
The lost needs to be told of a life audit.
1. God had not judged yet the lost’s former ignorance. (30)
2. God now commands everyone to turn away from idols and turn to Him. (30)
3. God has set a day to judge the world through His Son. (31)
a variety of responses. (18-20, 32-34)
Paul received varied responses.
1. Some will discuss with us. (18-20)
2. Some will insult or mock us. (18, 32)
3. Some will want to hear more. (32)
4. Some will believe. (34)
resources -> Guide to jet lag, prevention tips and jet lag remedies
resources -> Recap: The design of Word Games We have answered the “four questions”
resources -> Task: View figure 13. 57 (page 378 of Waugh). Draw the graph and discuss. Task: View figure 13. 57 (page 378 of Waugh). Draw the graph and discuss
resources -> MəKTƏBLƏRDƏ MÜASİr psixoloji XİDMƏTİn təŞKİl ediLMƏSİ VƏ TƏNZİMLƏNMƏSİ
resources -> Rozwój społeczny I emocjonalny dr Genowefa Janczewska-Korczagin
resources -> A discussion of coping methods and counseling techniques for children and adults dealing with grief and bereavement
Dostları ilə paylaş:
Verilənlər bazası müəlliflik hüququ ilə müdafiə olunur ©genderi.org 2023