ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION
301 S Burlington Ave
Hastings, NE 68901
Whether helping existing businesses find
ways to grow or promoting the Hastings
area to new employers, Hastings Economic
Development Corporation creates
wide-open opportunities to build
Good paying jobs are the lifeblood of a
growing community. With that in mind,
HEDC is driven by its mission to make
Hastings a community of choice for
talented people and quality businesses.
Your membership in HEDC will help
us strengthen our efforts!
• Surveying businesses to identify needs.
• Developing an active and involved membership base.
• Building resources for industry sites and business
Develop and attract a talented workforce by:
• Engaging in projects that attract and retain talented
• Coordinating local internship programs.
• Helping entrepreneurs and small businesses succeed.
• Working to ensure the availability of adequate housing
Build Hastings’ economic base by:
• Promoting a climate that attracts new business.
• Developing sites and buildings.
• Helping recruit new business and industry.
• Assisting with funding for incentive and
By becoming a member of HEDC, you can play an active
role in advocating for the growth and prosperity of Hastings.
Your participation will help provide essential private funds
that enable HEDC to engage in development projects and
activities beyond those that are publicly funded.
Members of HEDC receive opportunities to:
• Weigh in on economic development issues with fellow
community and business leaders.
• Attend workshops, seminars, and opportunities that
can impact your profitability.
• Receive regular EDC updates, that inform you of
legislative actions and other developments that
could impact your business.
• Attend the HEDC Annual Meeting and other
HEDC hosted functions throughout the year.
• Increase your business’s visibility by being listed on
the HEDC website. Your business may also have the
opportunity of being featured on our website or in
other promotional material.
Yes, I want to become a member of Hastings
Economic Development Corporation. I believe
economic development is essential to the growth
of the Hastings community and agree to pay the
following amount as an annual investment in HEDC.
Type of business:
No. of employees:
Membership in the Hastings Economic Development
Corporation is deductible as a business expense, and
not as a charitable contribution. Consult your accountant
for more information.
How your investment in HEDC will be used, and how you can benefit.
Since it was formed in 1973, HEDC has advanced Hastings by developing industrial parks, attracting major employers,
assisting with business expansion projects, supporting small business and entrepreneurship, and bettering the
community in a variety of ways. The most recent accomplishments of HEDC include:
• Assisting with expansion and retention projects
at Dutton-Lainson Company, Thermo King,
Eaton, Drake Tool and Design, Platte River Valve,
GO Electronics, Ag Processing Inc., and more.
• Enhancing the infrastructure needed to ensure
future competitiveness, as with the installation of
new fiber optic cable and the extension of critical
• Helping to implement a community incentive
program through Hastings Utilities to boost
business growth in Hastings.
• Serving as the catalyst between Hastings Public
Schools and Central Community College that
resulted in the Advanced Manufacturing Career
• Actively engaging in downtown redevelopment
and revitalization efforts.
• Promoting our 97,500 square foot industrial
building as well as available commercial and
industrial sites to prospective new businesses.