A: Have you decided what to get Jim for his birthday?
B: Yes. I am going to buy(buy) him a watch.
A: I am going(go) to the cinema. There's a new film on. Would you like to come?
B: What time does the film start(the film/start)?
A: Look at that car!
B: Oh no! It is going to hit (hit) the lamppost!
A: The Ting Tings are playing(play) a concert at Wembley Stadium.
B: I know. I have already bought a ticket.
Put the verbs in brackets into the present simple or the future simple.
"You 1) ‘ll meet (meet) Agent 205 under the clock at the Leicester Square Station. When she
2) arrives (arrive), she 3) will have (have) an envelope to give you. Before she 4) gives (give) it to you, she 5) will ask (ask) you for the secret code. The secret code is "Jaguar". Take the envelope and go into the station. When the train 6) comes (come), get on it and go to Waterloo Station.
As soon as you 7)reach (reach) Waterloo, take a taxi to the Opera House. By the time you get there, Jenny will be there. Give her the envelope. Wait until she 8) drives (drive) off and then go home.
We 9) will call (call) you there. If you 10) think (think) someone is following you at any time, stop and go home. We 11) will contact (contact) you. Do you have any questions?"
Choose the correct answer.
I’m not sure what to do. I’m thinking of becoming a vegetarian, but some of my friends say it’s a bad idea. They say that if I (1) ……… eating meat, my body won’t get all the things it needs to stay healthy. Are my friends right?
Yuri, age 14
Millions of people are vegetarians and they’re perfectly healthy. You have to be careful, though. If you (2) ……………….. up eating meat completely, and only (3) ………………… chocolate and crisps, that would obviously be very bad for you! If people don’t eat properly, they (4) …………… ill. It’s that simple. If you eat lots of fruit and salad and beans, you (5) …………………. get all the things you need to stay healthy. But- you’re only 14 years old. If you (6) ………………… at home with your parents- and you probably do- you’ll have to ask them what they think too. If your mom cooks for you, (7) it ….…….. be difficult for her to make you special meals. If I were you, I (8) …………….think about this carefully and maybe wait until you’re a bit older before making such a big decision.
a. stop b. stopped 2. a. give b. gave
3. a. will eat b. ate 4. a. get b. would get
5. a. will b. would 6. a. live b. will live
7. a. will b. would 8. a. will b. would
Put the verbs in brackets into the correct tense.
1. A: I must be at the airport by 9:00 am.
B: Well, if you don’t leave(not/leave) right away, you will miss (miss) your flight.
2. A: How long will you stay in Europe?
B: I …won’t stay... (not/stay) long unless I …find.. (find) a summer job.
3. A: I need some help with the housework.
B: Well, if you …hoover.. (hoover) the carpets, I …’ll make… (make) the beds.
4. A: How can I print this information?
B: I …’ll show…. (show) you if you …wait...(wait) a few minutes.
Fill in with if or unless.
1. …IF…….. you make so much noise, I won't be able to sleep.
2. You won't understand ...UNLESS...you listen carefully.
3. I won't be able to finish the work ....UNLESS.. you help me.
4. ....IF……..you're hungry, I'll make you a sandwich.
5. We'll miss the bus .....UNLESS...we hurry.
6. They won't be able to buy a house....UNLESS..... they save money.
7. I'll tell you .........IF..... you get any messages.
8. I'll come with you to the dentist's.....UNLESS.....you want to go alone.