5) Nationality: Venezuelan and U.S. Permanent legal resident.
1) A lot of experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access).
2) A lot of experience with Adobe Acrobat Professional and Adobe Photoshop.
3) Able to teach and train a group of people.
4) Able to lead a group of people.
5) Able to manage quickly documents in English, Spanish and French (also German, but not so fast).
6) Able to write reports independently.
7) A lot of experience with SDL Trados and Wordfast.
8) Able to design a website. Able to edit a video.
A) Secondary School: Colegio San Agustín de El Paraiso, Caracas, Venezuela. Degree obtained: Bachelor in Sciences. Class position: First.
B) University: Universidad Simón Bolívar (Simon Bolivar University), Sartenejas, Edo. Miranda, Venezuela. Degree obtained: Licenciate in Chemistry, option Technology. Class position: Second.
C) Graduate: Instituto Venezolano de Investigaciones Científicas (Venezuelan Institute for Scientific Research), Altos de Pipe, Edo. Miranda, Venezuela. Degree obtained: Magister Scientiarum in Chemistry, Environmental Chemistry option. Class position: Second.
A) Teaching assistant of the subject QIM 296 (laboratory of analytical chemistry for students of chemical engineering), in the Department of Chemistry of the Simon Bolivar University.
B) Full time Professor of chemistry in the Faculty of Engineering of the Universidad Católica Andrés Bello (Andrés Bello Catholic University), Caracas.
C) Professional Associated to research in the Scientific Research Project called "sequential Extraction for the especiation study of the polluting heavy metals, Cr, Mn, Fe, Ni, Cu, Zn, Cd and Pb in sediments of the Lake of Valencia basin ", in the Center of Ecology and Environmental Sciences of I.V.I.C. (Venezuelan Institute for Scientific Research).
D) Assistant in Research Specific Tasks in the Laboratory of Soil Ecology of the Center of Ecology and Environmental Sciences of I.V.I.C..
E) Professional Associated to research in the above-mentioned laboratory. The main activities done in this position were physical-chemical analyses of soils, sediments and waters.
F) Head of laboratory of Environment Division of Geohidra C.A. (a consulting company).
G) Independent Environmental Consultant of several companies.
H) Professor of the subject “Laboratory of Physical Chemistry” in the Pedagogical Institute of Caracas (Universidad Pedagógica Experimental Libertador, UPEL).
I) Participation in the Study on the Basic Plan of Disaster Prevention in the Metropolitan District of Caracas, made by JICA team (Japan International Cooperation Agency). Activities done: logistics (position as engineer) and document translation. Caracas, Venezuela. Years 2003 - 2005.
J) Service of agricultural soil analyses. A service oriented towards the Venezuelan farmer with a very short time of result delivery (plus interpretation and recommendations). From December 2006 to December 2008.
K) Interpreter by appointment (Spanish-English, English-Spanish) for the company World Services LLC (Atlanta, Georgia) since April 2009.
H) Other activities: Translator (freelance) for the language pairs: English-Spanish, Spanish-English, French-Spanish, German-Spanish since 1999. Some works as translator:
i) Translation of business letters from Spanish to English for Mitsubishi of Venezuela, ii) translation of chapters from several books about human relations and psychology from English to Spanish for a private client in Barquisimeto, Venezuela, iii) translation of a medicine book about respiratory allergies from Spanish to English (more than 500 pages).
Spanish (native language), English, French. Since 1999, I have made translations about many topics but my specialties are: science (general), chemistry, ecology, geology, environmental issues, agriculture, physics, finance related with stock trading, medicine, pharmacology and tourism.
Windows 7, Windows XP, Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Professional and Photoshop, SDL Trados, Wordfast, HTML editors, FTP software.
"International Diploma in Sustainable Development" granted by the Association of the United Nations in Venezuela (member of World Federation of United Nations Associations). Diploma date: January 29, 2008.
RECENT SCIENTIFIC PUBLICATIONS:
1) Vegas-Vilarrúbia, T., Lopez, P., Baritto, F., Meleán, G., Ponce, M.E. and Gómez O. Vegetation-soils relationships in a wetland area of the Orinoco delta plain (Venezuela). In Brebbia, C. (Ed) Environmental problems in oil coastal regions including and chemical spill studies. Wit Transactions on Ecology and Environment, 88. WIT Press, Southampton, UK. pp. 315-324. 2006.
2) Vegas-Vilarrúbia, T., Baritto, F., Meleán, G. A critical examination of some common field tests to assess the acid-sulphate condition in soils. Soil Use and Management, Volume 24, Issue 1, Pages 60 - 68. March 2008.
3) Vegas-Vilarrúbia, T., Baritto, F., Lopez, P., Meleán, G., Ponce, M.E., Mora, L. and Gómez O. Tropical Histosols of the lower Orinoco Delta, features and preliminary quantification of their carbon storage. Geoderma, Volume 155, Issues 3-4, 15 March 2010, Pages 280-288.