By signing below, I agree to the following terms and conditions of membership:
1) The ASU Arboretum Community Garden is a volunteer non-profit organization. I will volunteer to be an active participant of the Arboretum’s Volunteer program and the Grow ASU gardening cluband to advance the overall success of the garden.
4) I will notuse non-organic pesticides, herbicides or any toxic substances in the garden. I will always be alert for plant damage from garden pests and use organic methods for pest control.
5) I will not smoke, drink alcohol, or use illegal substances in the garden. I will not bring pets or animals into the garden.
6) I will plant my garden and take care of it until the end of the spring semester in May. I will then sign up to continue for the summer season or advise the Arboretum that I will not be participating until the fall semester. I understand the desert’s cool weather growing season and the warm weather growing season.
7) I will not allow weeds to proliferate in or around my garden. If I cannot, I will ask another member of Grow ASU to help me. If I abandon my garden space, it will be re-assigned.
8) If I use communal garden tools or equipment I will return them to their place in a clean state. I will use tools and equipment in a safe manner. I will not leave them where others can trip or be injured.
9) I will be responsible to tap into the drip irrigation system and to use water wisely.
10) I agree that, from time to time, there will be surplus production from the garden and that produce donations will be made to the Friends of the ASU Arboretum. I will participate as conditions warrant. I can participate in any ASU sponsored Farmers Market as a volunteer.
11) The garden welcomes children and hopes to educate them about healthy food, desert gardening and care for land and water resources. I agree to supervise my children when I bring them into the garden.
12) I will not share keys or combinations of garden locks with non-members.
13) I agree to remove all trash from around my garden space and compost any garden wastes in the compost pile.
14) From time to time, new rules may be implemented by the Grow ASU garden club to help it be a better experience. I agree to abide by the new rules.